Paraffin Votive/Pillar Wax - Raw Material
Votive/Pillar Paraffin Paraffin wax is fully refined without any additives. This paraffin wax has a melt point of about 145F and is very translucent. It is great for hurricane candles because of its clarity. Adding vybar 103 or stearic acid will change the opaqueness and hardness. Fragrance and dye should be added at about 170F. As with most straight paraffin waxes it will need a poke and re-pour.
Wonderful to make into pillars, votives or tapers! Exceptional colors with the use of candle dyes. Incredible hot scent throw.
Fragrance load 6 - 7% without additives. Use of vybar 103 increases the amount the wax can hold.
Candles made without additives will be more translucent and may mottle.
- Fully Refined
- Made in USA
- Slab weighs about 11 pounds
- Case weighs about 44 pounds
- May weep in warm weather without additives
- Fragrance oil usage 3-4% without additives
- Heat wax to 180 - 190F
- Add fragrance at about 180F
- Beautiful display of colors when dyes are used.
Candle Cocoon "Secret" Pillar Recipe
- 1 Pound 145F Paraffin
- 1 Ounce Palm Stearic Acid
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vybar 103
- 1 Ounce Beeswax
- 1/4 Teaspoon UV inhibitor